09 February 2009

Etymology sounds like a medical field. I digress...

After completing my first week of the semester, I've come to these conclusions:
1) My brain was not made to learn a foreign language.
2) Better luck understanding a black hole than a math teacher's sense of humor.
3) Biology is good. Biology is very good.

Funny story:
In math class I sit next to a firefighter. We were discussing Schwarzeneger's new mandatory 2 day/month furlough for all state employees. Since she is a state employee, I asked what she thought of it, expecting her to be disgruntled. Instead, she said:
"I think it's great! Think of it this way - It's not like we can just close up shop and not show up for 2 days. We're firefighters. So if I take two days off one week, one of my co-worker's gets paid overtime to work them for me. Then the next week, I get paid overtime to take his spot. So we're working the same number of hours as before, but we're making more money. Schwarzeneger didn't really think this one through."

I was quite amused.

In other news, it looks like I won't be going to Germany after all. What with school being so expensive and I haven't been able to find a job yet. So Christiana will be going by herself. 5 weeks isn't anything compared to the 15 months she was gone before - but I'm still not looking forward to it. Especially since she'll be gone for 9 weeks this summer, too. But, such is life. At least I've got school to keep me occupied. Speaking of which, I've got to go there now.

Hasta maƱana


-Dylan

2 comments:

silvertag said...

Wow, that's a long time! My husband works away 3 weeks at a time and by the end of the 3rd week, we're both going crazy! School sounds fun.

AndiMAC said...

Arnold should have stuck to making movies. He's no Ronald Reagan, that's for sure!